Rag & Bone/JEAN RBW 23 Leather Pants in Black Leather

So I mentioned in some previous posts how I absolutely love leather.  And I knew leather would hit the scene hard this Fall.  This particular pair is definitely one of my favorites of the many leather pants out on the market currently.  These are Rag & Bone/JEAN RBW 23 Leather Pants.

This season, it will be difficult to avoid leather, as designers have sent a slew of leather pieces down the runway, whether they were slim, baggy, cropped, or studded.  What I particularly love about this pair is that you don’t need to be edgy or even much of a fashion risk taker to pull them off.  They are gorgeous.  And although I typically prefer my leather pants to fit more snug, these aren’t super skin tight.  Made of 100% lamb leather, they fit like skinnies without looking painted on.  In fact, I’d say they probably run almost a size large because of the loose fit and how they stretch some after a little wear.

The inseam is 28 inches, which look really nice cropped if you are blessed with super long legs.  (Karlie Kloss was seen in these and is a perfect example!).  The rise is 7 ½ inches with a 10 inch leg opening.  The outer leg has side zippers that are 8 inches long.  The front is aligned with double zipper pockets on the right and a single zipper pocket on the left.  And I love that the zippers are all rose gold, which stands out nicely along the black color leather.

The wash is called Black leather, which have a worn look to the color.  And because of the vintage look to the material, they feel almost like suede rather than smooth leather.  The leather is super soft never the less.

The only downfall to these pants is the price.  They’re on the pricier side, which you’d expect from good quality leather pants.  These will, however, last you many seasons to come.  Leather pants aren’t a one season kind of trend, so that makes spending the money on some nice ones a little more acceptable.

Washing instructions are: dry clean only.

Buy Rag & Bone/JEAN RBW 23 Leather Pants at ShopBop.

Comments
8 Responses to “Rag & Bone/JEAN RBW 23 Leather Pants in Black Leather”
  1. elyse says:

I really like the zippers on those pants. And the leather looks really pretty. I know u mentioned them being really soft and not over tight…are they thick? I guess I’m wondering if it feels hot in them? I guess its more for fall like weather. do you know of any other pants w/ similar look but not leather? Just wondering.

• Susan says:

Hi Elyse. The leather on these are somewhat thick. Definitely more fall pants, although the inner lining keeps your legs from heating up. There are many other styles similar to this that aren’t leather. J Brand Zoey are similar and also the Paige Edgemont. We did a review on those recently: http://www.styleposts.com/?p=7666.

2. Sylbs says:

If you don’t mind me asking, what size do you wear? I’m 5’3” and 110 lbs and am really not sure what size to get since this style is not available anymore in stores. Your guidance will be extremely helpful!

• Susan says:

I took a size 24 in these. These in particular ran a little larger than most Rag & Bone skinnies. I would have preferred going down a size if I could have. If you’re in between sizes, I’d probably suggest going with the smaller size.

3. Toni says:

Hi there, just purchased these myself and debating on whether or not to keep them as they almost seem to have extra room in the hips. Did these end up stretching a lot for you? Thanks!

• Susan says:

Yes, they do stretch a little after some wear. These ran a bit larger than Rag and Bone/JEANS typically run. If they’re already roomy to begin with, then you might want to go down a size if you can.

4. Edyta says:

Hi I’m 5’2 115 and I’m in regular jeans most of the time size25 sometimes 26 but they little bit loose on the waist what u can recommend u think 24 or 25???

• Susan says:

If you are between a size 25 to 26, then I’d go with a size 25. Rag and Bone typically runs true to size. These ran slightly large, but I wouldn’t necessarily go down a full size, especially if you are typically between sizes. Hope this helps!